Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 dependent visa - Language of interview

Hi,

I will be having L1B visa interview in this week. I m also applying for dependent visa for my wife. My wife studied in her mother tongue throughout her academics and bit nervous taking up interview in english as she cant understand US accent and cant follow the speed. When we attend interview together for visa, Can she ask for interview in her mother tongue telugu.

Please provide information on this.

Thank you,
    Shiva.

If she needs local language interview, she will have to get a separate appointment. You can call VFS to ask.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you, May you please let me know does it affect time to receive L2 visa stamping if she attends the interview seperately. I heard it from few people that attending interview together will not delay the stamping for L2 otherwise it takes 3 months.

Comment

There is no such thing. It will not affect. Of course in a separate interview, your spouse may have to face questions about your job, employer etc. on their own.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi,

She can understand the english but can not follow their accent. Can I help her in repeating the question after asking VO permission?? My question may be strange but got the thought on fly...

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
            Shiva.

Comment

It is better to get a separate appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X