Company issuing first L1-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company issuing first L1-B

I work in a company seemingly eligible to petition L1 visas, but although we have offices abroad, would be the first time for us issuing L1.

I have found it a bit beurocratic, but the process seems understandable - a few caveats, such as the letter mentioned here: http://bit.ly/HJTwwQ "...A letter from the U.S. employer describing both the applicant's prior duties abroad and the duties to be performed in the U.S. will be necessary..."

I am still picking up the bits, but he 35 pages of the I-129 form seems to be the starting point.

I would like to know, what would I be missing? How does a company would normally get along with it?

Most information I find in the web refers to separated process for employer (seems to start with I-129) and employee (seems to start with D-160), could someone consolidate the information?
    What must the employer do and which information must be passed to the employee in order to get along with the process?

Must the company hire a specific lawyer to this situation, where can I find consultancy for such cases (the situation I find myself is unusual, thus is quite unlikely that we'd find a lawyer just for this).

thanks!

f.

Filing I-129 is not an easy process. The employer should hire a good immigration attorney who can take care of filing form I-129. The alwyer would know what documents are required to be submitted with form I-129. Once the petition filed with USCIS by the employer/attorney gets approved, the employee (assuming the employee is outside U.S at that time) should schedule a visa interview at the U.S consulate by filling and submitting form DS160. Once the visa gets stamped, the employee can travel to U.S to work for the employer. Check the below links.

https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/l1/l1docs.html
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X