Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blanket L1A with valid I-94 but Visa expies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket L1A with valid I-94 but Visa expies.

Hi Experts,
    I am on Blanket L1A, my visa and PED valid till May 2013 and I-94 is Valid till 2015 (Went back to India for 4 months from Nov'11 to Feb'12).
    Visa Issue date Jun2010 initially entered to US in Jun2010.

My Q: My Company said they will not apply for any extn since my I-94 is valid till 2015.
    1. Is it legal to stay on just I-94 after my visa expires?
    2. If in case i have to travel to India in an emergency after my Visa expires for example in Sep 2013, do i need to appear for a fresh L1 or will this be considered as an extension while coming back to US?

Thanks in Advance.

1. Is it legal to stay on just I-94 after my visa expires?
    >>> Yes. Visa is only an entry document to U.S. You can stay and work until the I-94 remains valid. You cannot stay beyond 7 years in L1A even if I-94 is valid beyond that.

2. If in case i have to travel to India in an emergency after my Visa expires for example in Sep 2013, do i need to appear for a fresh L1 or will this be considered as an extension while coming back to US?
    >>> You need a valid visa to enter U.S. Your will have to surrender all your I-94s when you leave U.S. If you don't have a valid L1 visa stamped in your passport as of the date of your return to U.S, then you need to appear and get the visa stamped.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the response.
      By any chance do you have any idea of L1A stamping success rate?

If company B is willing to apply for H1B so which will have more chances of getting visa stamped, in contrary to L1A stamping (When i return from India)?

Comment

By any chance do you have any idea of L1A stamping success rate?
        >>> I don't keep track of those statistics. Search and read the experiences posted by others.

If company B is willing to apply for H1B so which will have more chances of getting visa stamped, in contrary to L1A stamping (When i return from India)?
        >>> It really doesn't matter as long as you are eligible for the visa category that you are applying and you have all the required documents in place.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X