No announcement yet.

L1-B extension and parallel H1 processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking to apply dependant visa (L2) for my wife and new born kid. My wife has a valid passport but my kid does not have passport yet. As per new rules in India, passports of both the parents are to be submitted for verification during the handing over of new passport application for the kid. Handing over my passport for verification at Passport office India while i'm here is not possible. As a possible work around, I can go ahead and apply for my kid's passport with just my wife's passport as support document. But that passport would have the father's name to be blank. With such a passport, will I be able to get dependant visa (L2) for my son ? Or my name in my kid's passport is a must to get the dependant visa ?
    Last edited by cosmicfreek; 09-23-2012, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I am currently working for company A with valid L visa. The H1B that I applied for through company B early this year got approved today, i.e. when I tried to check my status using the case status number USCIS site says that the I-129 petition has been approved. Company B applied for the H1B as change of status as I was already in the country.

1. Would this mean I have to move to company B from tomorrow or can I serve my 2 weeks notice period in company A and then move over to company B at a later date ?

2. If a later date is acceptable then can company B can have me join them at a later date like e.g. 1st December 2012 ?

Mods & senior members, any clarification asap would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X