Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel to home country during L2 visa extension

Hello,
    My husband holds L1 B visa valid till 5th of jan 2013. he would be applying for visa extension exactly a month before. and i ( holding L2 visa valid till 5th jan 2013 ), would like to travel to India for my delivery and would return only in july 2013.
    In such a case :
    1 ) would a month be enough to apply for L1 B visa extension ?
    2) would stamping or personal interview be still required under extension ?
    3) can my husband apply for my L2 visa extension while i am in India ?
    4) would i need to go for visa extension stamping ? would there be any chances of rejection there ?
    5) what visa status application needs to be processed for my baby after delivery from India and how those documents can be processed by my husband from US ?

Kindly help. I need to make my travel plans accordingly.

All the best

'
    Originally posted by rimadreamer View Post
    Hello,
    My husband holds L1 B visa valid till 5th of jan 2013. he would be applying for visa extension exactly a month before. and i ( holding L2 visa valid till 5th jan 2013 ), would like to travel to India for my delivery and would return only in july 2013.
    In such a case :
    1 ) would a month be enough to apply for L1 B visa extension ?
    No. Anywhere between 4 to 6 months would be required for extension.

2) would stamping or personal interview be still required under extension ?
    Yes in your case as you are planning to leave US. Not required for your spouse unless he also plans for India trip.

3) can my husband apply for my L2 visa extension while i am in India ?
    Your Extension should be applied along with primary L1 visa and you can go for L2 visa stamping in India

4) would i need to go for visa extension stamping ? would there be any chances of rejection there ?
    Answered above, rejection depends on each case

5) what visa status application needs to be processed for my baby after delivery from India and how those documents can be processed by my husband from US ?
    L2, same like your documents. Kid's birth cert is required additionally.

Kindly help. I need to make my travel plans accordingly.

Comment

thank you so much.

thank you. explains my queries.

Comment

If he is leaving before his I-94 date and not returning soon, there is nothing to extend. If this is a blanket petition, he can just get the Visa again and return whenever his employer wants him to. Even if this is individual petition, it can be extended any time.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X