Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 - I94 renewal - Mexico border crossing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 - I94 renewal - Mexico border crossing!!!

I am a L1 visa holder and staying currently in Atlanta, Georgia . I need to get a new I94(L2) after the recent passport renewal for my child.

1. Which is the closest mexican port of entry by road?

2. Do we need to get the Mexican visa to enter into mexico for a day and come back?. I am in L1 visa.

Kindly respond. We have very less time for this.

Passport renewal doesn't require a new I-94 to be procured. A new I-94 is required only if the existing one is about to expire. In either cases, an extension can be applied based on primary L1s Visa and I-94. Many times if you go to Canada/Mexico for a short duration they will not take the existing I-94 and will not give you a new I-94 when you re-enter US. This is my opinion , not legal advice.

Comment

Extending I94 till Visa expiration after passport renewal

The current I94 has the expiration date same as the Old Passport, which expires in two weeks from now. I have got new passport recently. So, I like to get I-94 extended till Visa expiration date. So, Since I have only 2 weeks, I am looking for options. Please note that it is for my 5 Yrs son, who is on L2 visa. Thanks for your help!

Comment

First try a nearby CBP deferred inspection post at an international airport. They may be able to extend the I-94.
        If that does not work, traveling to Mexico will work. I think you don't need a Visa to Mexico. Check Mexico Embassy's website.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I don't know anything about the L process, but you don't need a visa to Mexico if you have a valid US visa. You also won't even have to go through Mexican immigration if you just drive over the border and come back. You might also want to think about a Caribbean destination since you're in Atlanta and not the Southwest. As an Indian, you can probably go to places like the British Virgin Islands, the Dominican Republic, and Trinidad and Tobago since you have a valid US visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X