RFE Notice not received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE Notice not received

My L1 visa case status shows "Request For Evidence". However, my company says that they have not yet received RFE notification from USCIS.

I am concerned what would happen if I have not received RFE notice before the RFE response end date, and hence I am unable to respond to the RFE on time. Could someone explain what the law says in such case? Would USCIS extend the RFE response deadline in the circumstances?

I am currently in US on L1-B visa, which is expiring shortly. I have applied for L1-B to L1-A conversion. I have received visa application notice, but I am waiting to receive RFE notice so that I can respond to the RFE. My company has raised a Service Request with USCIS to inform USCIS that RFE notice has not been received. What should I do in the current scenario?

You will have to wait for the response from USCIS on the service request. If you have not received the RFE, then USCIS will send it again. When did you status change to RFE? Usually USCIS gives you enough time to respond to the RFE. The action that your company is taking is right. Wait for the response. When is your L1B I-94 expiring?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

My visa is expiring next week. The application status changed to RFE in last week of May. So, next week, it will be 30 days since the RFE issue date. If USCIS has given only 30 days for me to respond to the RFE, then I am at risk. Is there any way to find out how much time they have given me to respond?

Comment

I have never before heard such a case of USCIS failing to send RFE notice. How is it possible? What does USCIS do in such instances?

Thanks for all your inputs!

Comment

Well, the attorney can certainly escalate the issue to USCIS and request more time on the grounds that the RFE documents was delayed. Taking an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss the issue seems to be the best option.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

JKA Did you get any update I am also on Sam boat as per USCIS site RFE was sent on 18 th May 2021 but my employer has not received RFE till now.

Comment

@shub.goyal JKA - Can any one provide an update? Did you received the RFE notice again after creating a Service Request. I also did not received the RFE notice and it looks it got lost. Please advise.

Comment

shubh.goyal - Any update?

Comment

Hi,
                  Was there any Address change from your Employer side? If you have not received RFE notice, even after raised service request then you will need to call USCIS customer support and make sure the address they have in their record is accurate.
                  Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X