Partner with l1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner with l1

Early days yet but my partner may have the opportunity to be transfered to his companies america office ( from the uk), i believe this is an l1 visa.... Anyway as his partner where do i stand? Can i go with him on this and gain employment? Or would i still have to get my on visa/sponser?Or would we need to be married?

Thanks for any replies

Originally posted by UsaConfused View Post
    Early days yet but my partner may have the opportunity to be transfered to his companies america office ( from the uk), i believe this is an l1 visa.... Anyway as his partner where do i stand? Can i go with him on this and gain employment? Or would i still have to get my on visa/sponser?Or would we need to be married?

Thanks for any replies
    In terms of visa rules a partner doesn't have the same rights as a legally married spouse and if you are not married to your partner then it will not be possible to travel with him as a dependent. L1 Visa holder's dependent are eligible for L2 visa. On an L2 visa one can get EAD and seek employment in US. For all this you have to be married first, as one of the mandatory document asked by the consulate for spousal L2 is marriage certificate. If you want to go ahead and get your own visa sponsor then either you have to get L1 from your current employer or wait till 01-Oct-2013 to work on H1. This is my opinion, not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X