X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B VISA Expiring in 2013 but spent 3 years in US

Hi,

Can anyone answer my query please:

I got my L1 B stamped in 2008 June. I came to US in June 2010.(after 2 years of stamping)

Now 5 years of VISA are getting over in June 2013( validity getting over).

My question is:

Though 5 years of L1 VISA are about to finish but i would be in US for only 3 years of span(2010 to 2013). Is it possible to extend the stay here in US for another 2 years. Or do i need to return back to India by June 2013.

Really appreciate your responses...

Thanks

Originally posted by Rupa_7 View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone answer my query please:

I got my L1 B stamped in 2008 June. I came to US in June 2010.(after 2 years of stamping)

Now 5 years of VISA are getting over in June 2013( validity getting over).

My question is:

Though 5 years of L1 VISA are about to finish but i would be in US for only 3 years of span(2010 to 2013). Is it possible to extend the stay here in US for another 2 years. Or do i need to return back to India by June 2013.

Really appreciate your responses...

Thanks
    Your company can file for an extension since you have not used all 5 years of your L1B quota. They will need all your entry/exit dates into/out of US so that when your papers are filed with USCIS it is clear that you havent used all 5 years and are eligible for extension

Comment

Originally posted by rvisak View Post
      Your company can file for an extension since you have not used all 5 years of your L1B quota. They will need all your entry/exit dates into/out of US so that when your papers are filed with USCIS it is clear that you havent used all 5 years and are eligible for extension
      Till what date is the stamping in your current passport? If it is till 2013, and you havent used the entire 5 Years, as rvisak mentioned the company can file for an extension. But again the extension can be filed only 6 months prior to your current I-94 expiry. Also, even if you get extension while in US, anytime you go out of US after June 2013, you will have to get a new stamping to re-enter US. This is my opinion do consult experts too.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X