Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding L1B VISA Expiring and applying Extension

Hi All,

I got L1B VISA in November 2009,but I came to US on Jan 2,2011.

Now my VISA is going to expiry on Nov 3,2012 and my I94 also expires on the same day.

My company is ready to file the L1B Extension for me.But now a days most of the petitions are being denied by USCIS.

So my concerns are given below:

1)Which is better?
    Applying L1B Extension from here or Applying new L1B or L1Individual from India.

2)What is the probability of getting L1B Extension.

3)If my extension is denied,
    Whether it will impact new L1B or L1Individual VISA later if I apply from India.

4)Can I apply L1 Individual from here i.e, US.

Please give me some valuable suggestions .

Thanks,
    Suneel Sai
    Last edited by SuneelSai; 07-26-2012, 03:50 PM.

Originally posted by SuneelSai View Post
    Hi All,

I got L1B VISA in November 2009,but I came to US on Jan 2,2011.

Now my VISA is going to expiry on Nov 3,2012 and my I94 also expires on the same day.

My company is ready to file the L1B Extension for me.But now a days most of the petitions are being denied by USCIS.

So my concerns are given below:

1)Which is better?
    Applying L1B Extension from here or Applying new L1B or L1Individual from India.

2)What is the probability of getting L1B Extension.

3)If my extension is denied,
    Whether it will impact new L1B or L1Individual VISA later if I apply from India.

4)Can I apply L1 Individual from here i.e, US.

Please give me some valuable suggestions .

Thanks,
    Suneel Sai
    Nobody can answer the probability, that is an extremely hypothetical question. Similarly there is no theory or logic that dictates if it is better to file extension from here or go to India for stamping. You can apply L1 B extension as an individual petition.

Since you have time for I-94 expiry, why dont you apply extension in premium? You will get the result well before I-94 expiration and can then accordingly decide on the next course of action

Comment

Originally posted by rvisak View Post
      Nobody can answer the probability, that is an extremely hypothetical question. Similarly there is no theory or logic that dictates if it is better to file extension from here or go to India for stamping. You can apply L1 B extension as an individual petition.

Since you have time for I-94 expiry, why dont you apply extension in premium? You will get the result well before I-94 expiration and can then accordingly decide on the next course of action
      Hi ravisvk,

Thanks for replying.I already asked my company to do the premium processing and am waiting for them to approve.

And if my extension gets denied,Whether it will impact new L1B or L1Individual VISA later if I apply from India.

Thanks,
      Suneel

Comment

Originally posted by SuneelSai View Post
        Hi ravisvk,

Thanks for replying.I already asked my company to do the premium processing and am waiting for them to approve.

And if my extension gets denied,Whether it will impact new L1B or L1Individual VISA later if I apply from India.

Thanks,
        Suneel
        It wont

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X