Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Information from transfer from L1 to H4 and then Back to L1

Hi All,

Currently I am working with Company A on L1-B visa and my spouse on L2 EAD. Post Oct My Spouse will be transferd to H1 and due to some personal reasons I plan to apply for H4 and go on leave for few months( as I cannot work for few months).
    Will my L1 visa still remain valid if I go on H4 keeping in mind that I have not resigned from the company. Can I come back to L1-B without needing to reapply for the visa by my company. Is there any way that can be worked out.

Your help and advise is much appreciated.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Flower23 View Post
    Hi All,

Currently I am working with Company A on L1-B visa and my spouse on L2 EAD. Post Oct My Spouse will be transferd to H1 and due to some personal reasons I plan to apply for H4 and go on leave for few months( as I cannot work for few months).
    Will my L1 visa still remain valid if I go on H4 keeping in mind that I have not resigned from the company. Can I come back to L1-B without needing to reapply for the visa by my company. Is there any way that can be worked out.

Your help and advise is much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Till when is your L1 valid? Check you passport there should be a validity date associated with your L1. As you will be on H4 post Oct 2012, to be on L1 again, you either have to file a COS from H4 to L1 provided L1 petition is still valid, you cna work only after the transfer is approved. OR, leave US and re-enter on L1. You should be able to reenter if your company still has the job for you, you would have to carry latest employment verification letter at the time of re-entry. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply..
      I have my L1_B visa valid until July 2013. So in I decide to come back to work before my visa expries then I would need to file for COS from H4 to L1? If i understand correctly it will be the same visa and I company need not apply for a new L1 petition.
      Any idea how much time does it take for COS?

Comment

2-3 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.

Originally posted by Flower23 View Post
        Thanks for your reply..
        I have my L1_B visa valid until July 2013. So in I decide to come back to work before my visa expries then I would need to file for COS from H4 to L1? If i understand correctly it will be the same visa and I company need not apply for a new L1 petition.
        Any idea how much time does it take for COS?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X