Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B to H1B Conversion

Hello....
    I am currently on L1B, which has expired on Mar 2012 but my I94 is valid until Dec 2014 and my overall stay is less than 3 years. However, my employer has already filed H1B on June 2012 and is pending for approval. Once my petition is approved, must I go to India for stamping? if so, how soon? Also, my wife has just started working as a cutsomer support rep in a call center on EAD (L2), would this be revoked automatically one my H1 is approved? or until when can she work? finally, can we take PG programmes while working on H1 (online/part time)? what will happen once my H1 stay over before i completed my course and my options? Thanks for all your help.

Hope that your H1 is a COS from L1 to H1, if yes, you do not need to go for the stamping, your status will change to H1 automatically within US. If it is not a COS, to change your status to H1, you must go out of US, get H1 stamped and come back on H1 visa. If your H1 is approved as COS, her L2 and EAD will become void on the date on which your H1 becomes effective and hence she can't work after then.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X