Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying L2 dependent Visa

Hi,

My visa expired in may and my company has filed my extension. Just in case the extension got rejected is it possible to file for L2B ( as my wife is having Valid L1B visa ) without leaving the country? What is the process?

Thanks

Originally posted by prat_agl View Post
    Hi,

My visa expired in may and my company has filed my extension. Just in case the extension got rejected is it possible to file for L2B ( as my wife is having Valid L1B visa ) without leaving the country? What is the process?

Thanks
    Are you currently on H1 or L1? till when is your I-94 valid? Is your wife working on L1? If your wife is maintaining her L1 status you can surely apply a COS to L2 but you must do it before your I-94 expiry. If I-94 has already expired it will not be possible to do so while in US. This is my opinion, not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Are you currently on H1 or L1? till when is your I-94 valid? Is your wife working on L1? If your wife is maintaining her L1 status you can surely apply a COS to L2 but you must do it before your I-94 expiry. If I-94 has already expired it will not be possible to do so while in US. This is my opinion, not legal advice.
      I am on L1 and my I-94 expired in May , 2012. My wife is working on L1 and tit is valid till dec 2013.
      I received an RFE on my L1 ( this is as per USICS site, I am yet to receive actual papers with the exact question). My wife is pregnant(6 months) and the doctor will not allow her to take a long Flight. I don't want to leave her here in this situation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by prat_agl View Post
        I am on L1 and my I-94 expired in May , 2012. My wife is working on L1 and tit is valid till dec 2013.
        I received an RFE on my L1 ( this is as per USICS site, I am yet to receive actual papers with the exact question). My wife is pregnant(6 months) and the doctor will not allow her to take a long Flight. I don't want to leave her here in this situation. Any help is greatly appreciated.
        A COS (Change Of Status ) to L2 cannot be applied as your I-94 is already expired. I cant understand why you waited so long to file L1 extension.And that too you didn't file it under premium. If your L1 extension is rejected then you have to leave the country immediately. If your L1 is rejected you would have already accumulated illegal stay from May 2012 till the rejection date. Dont accumulate illegal stay, respond to RFE and also upgrade extension to premium. The longer the illegal stay the lesser your chance of getting another visa in future. Unfortunately USCIS will not care that your wife is pregnant. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X