Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a branch office in the USA

Hi,

I’m a resident of India and a director/co founder of a large staffing firm and I provide services for top IT companies in India and my spouse works for Google in India in a senior position and she holds a 10 year H1 Visa. She is now relocating to the USA as recommended by her US bosses based out of SF and the company has agreed to relocate myself as well, and provide all possible support.

I would like to know the formalities to open an office/branch office under the same name in the USA and also I’m interested to extend my staffing services in the USA for the companies there, and what type of Visa i should apply for? Can i have an home office there and then apply?

Can you please guide me and help me?

Originally posted by cj1982 View Post
    Hi,

I’m a resident of India and a director/co founder of a large staffing firm and I provide services for top IT companies in India and my spouse works for Google in India in a senior position and she holds a 10 year H1 Visa. She is now relocating to the USA as recommended by her US bosses based out of SF and the company has agreed to relocate myself as well, and provide all possible support.

I would like to know the formalities to open an office/branch office under the same name in the USA and also I’m interested to extend my staffing services in the USA for the companies there, and what type of Visa i should apply for? Can i have an home office there and then apply?

10 Year H1 is only for exceptional high end defense related work. Are you sure she has H1 and not B1? Also, I would suggest that you take services of experienced attorney to determine whether you need to go in for an investor visa or L1. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,I'm sorry..Its a 10 Year B1 visa. Thanks a lot for your advice. An attorney could help you think?
      Hi,

Comment

Hi,I'm sorry..Its a 10 Year B1 visa. Thanks a lot for your advice. An attorney could help you think?
        In case she has a B1 she can possibly stay for a Max 6 Months in US, provided she gets a I-94 for that long. She is not supposed to work on B1, B1 is only for meetings and conferences etc. If she needs to work or stay beyond I-94 its advisable that she gets herself an L1 or H1 visa. For your case, its best to approach an attorney as the attorney will not only advise which visa category suits you best but also the steps to take for setting up a company subsidiary in US. This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X