Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B-I94 extending by visiting neighborhood country

Dear Sir,

I am on L1B visa, both I-94 and Visa going to expire on Mar 1st 2013. Recently my wife and kid visited India, while they were coming back to US, their I-94 got extended till July 15th, 2015. Luckily, it worked out for my friend and his wife as well (their prior I94 extends Nov 2013, but it got extended till Nov, 2015 while revisit).

Even I went to India, but did not work out for me since my passport expires on this Mar 2013. So, it extended as it is unfortunately.

I am planning to go to out of country (to Mexico) to check my luck for getting I94 extension in last week of this month. Here are my questions. Appreciate you in advance for your kind help.

Q 1: So, if my I-94 also extends (by luck) at port of entry, do I still need to renew the L1B Visa?

Q 2: Can I tell to the officer that I came to extend the I94 as it expires soon? Is it going to work out? Or simply should I say I came on vacation?

Q3: I am planning to go to Mexico city in Mexico which is near to Houston, how many days should I stay to get the feel of real vacation?

Q 4: If my I-94 is not extended, when should I apply for Visa extension as it expires on Mar 2013? How long it would take to know the status?

Q 5: What is the ratio for getting approvals for L1B extensions in the recent time?

Q 6: Any recommendations / suggestions would be appreciated for extending the L1B process.

It would be great help if you could answer these questions.

Originally posted by KPKumar View Post
    Dear Sir,

I am on L1B visa, both I-94 and Visa going to expire on Mar 1st 2013. Recently my wife and kid visited India, while they were coming back to US, their I-94 got extended till July 15th, 2015. Luckily, it worked out for my friend and his wife as well (their prior I94 extends Nov 2013, but it got extended till Nov, 2015 while revisit).

Even I went to India, but did not work out for me since my passport expires on this Mar 2013. So, it extended as it is unfortunately.

I am planning to go to out of country (to Mexico) to check my luck for getting I94 extension in last week of this month. Here are my questions. Appreciate you in advance for your kind help.

Q 1: So, if my I-94 also extends (by luck) at port of entry, do I still need to renew the L1B Visa?

Q 2: Can I tell to the officer that I came to extend the I94 as it expires soon? Is it going to work out? Or simply should I say I came on vacation?

Q3: I am planning to go to Mexico city in Mexico which is near to Houston, how many days should I stay to get the feel of real vacation?

Q 4: If my I-94 is not extended, when should I apply for Visa extension as it expires on Mar 2013? How long it would take to know the status?

Q 5: What is the ratio for getting approvals for L1B extensions in the recent time?

Q 6: Any recommendations / suggestions would be appreciated for extending the L1B process.

It would be great help if you could answer these questions.
    Have you got your passport renewed?

Comment

Yes, it renewed.

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Have you got your passport renewed?
      Yes, my passport got renewed. I have another 5 months left to expire both L1B visa and I94 (Feb 28, 2013). Planning to go to Canada on vacation for 3 days as I feel some security concerns in Mexico. Please answer above questions. I might get port of entry at Toranto(Canada) itself. Please wish me the best of luck.
      Last edited by KPKumar; 09-10-2012, 10:58 PM.

Comment

L1A- i94 Extension Similar Situation

Hi,

I have a similar situation and I 94 date was my passport expiry date ( Mar 2013 ) and Visa and petition expiry date is (Aug 2014). Got my passport renewed.What are the best possible options to extend my I 94? Going to Canada or mexico and re-entering US will extend my I 94 ? or do i need to travel to only
        non-north american continent countries ?

Advance Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Originally posted by KPKumar View Post
          Yes, my passport got renewed. I have another 5 months left to expire both L1B visa and I94 (Feb 28, 2013). Planning to go to Canada on vacation for 3 days as I feel some security concerns in Mexico. Please answer above questions. I might get port of entry at Toranto(Canada) itself. Please wish me the best of luck.
          Hi, Did you get the I94 extended ? I am also planning to do the same. same case for me too.

Comment

L1B Same situation

Originally posted by Kavijay View Post
            Hi, Did you get the I94 extended ? I am also planning to do the same. same case for me too.
            Can you please let me know does you got I94 extended? we are planning to do the same?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X