From L1-B to H-1B, and then H1-B transfer during Green card process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From L1-B to H-1B, and then H1-B transfer during Green card process

Hi, let me expose my situation. I came in the US in July 2008 under L2-B. My employer filled and obtained a H1-B early April 2012. (Effective October 2012). At the meantime the Green card process (EB2) was engaged in fall 2011 but is falling apart and/or will take a very long time. Unfortunately my employer needs to re-start it from scratch (due to a weak job position which has drawn **50 candidates). Aggravated by this situation, I am now considering to transfer my H1-B visa to a new company some time in 2013 to pursue better career opportunities. I am ready to forgo the green card process since my wife is going to be sponsored.
    Of note I am planning to delay my H1-B activation as far as possible since my wife is working under L2 (and needs to complete her academic year at a prestigious university) .

Questions
    1) is it technically (and administratively) possible to implement such a strategy?
    2) If so, how much time can I live under these arrangements? I would like to max out my L1B till May 2013 and then my H1-B for another year. This would get me to mid 2014
    3) would these transfers / changes limit my ability to travel?

Could you advise if all of this is feasible ? Thank you.
    Last edited by buffalorunner08; 09-07-2012, 12:24 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X