Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa application administrativeprocessing time

Hallo,

I'm Egyptian and living in Germany, my wife applied for L1 Visa in Egypt and took it, and my son took L2 Visa as well (The processing time was only one week)

I have applied for L2 Visa but here in Germany (Us Consulate in Frankfurt) and this was on 22nd of June 2012, I had to wait till th of August 2012 till I received and email from the consulate stating that (they are in the final stages of approving my Visa and I have to send them my Passport), I sent them my passport immediately and since they received it has been three weeks till today and they didn't send it back to me.

I contacted them many times, and the answer is that they found that my application needs more administrative processing and might take much longer than the time on their website (which is 5 - 7 working days).

they don't want to give me an estimate for that time, and now they have the passport and I have to wait, and I don't know for how long, I mage flight reservations once they asked for the passport because I know that it takes normally from 5 to 7 working days to receive my passport back.

Did anyone faced the same issue before, or does anyone know how long it might take to get my passport back stamped with the Visa?

Please all, if some one has a similar case or have an estimate for how much the processing time takes, let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Please all, if some one has a similar case or have an estimate for how much the processing time takes, let me know.

Originally posted by ahmedfouda View Post
    Hallo,

I'm Egyptian and living in Germany, my wife applied for L1 Visa in Egypt and took it, and my son took L2 Visa as well (The processing time was only one week)

I have applied for L2 Visa but here in Germany (Us Consulate in Frankfurt) and this was on 22nd of June 2012, I had to wait till th of August 2012 till I received and email from the consulate stating that (they are in the final stages of approving my Visa and I have to send them my Passport), I sent them my passport immediately and since they received it has been three weeks till today and they didn't send it back to me.

I contacted them many times, and the answer is that they found that my application needs more administrative processing and might take much longer than the time on their website (which is 5 - 7 working days).

they don't want to give me an estimate for that time, and now they have the passport and I have to wait, and I don't know for how long, I mage flight reservations once they asked for the passport because I know that it takes normally from 5 to 7 working days to receive my passport back.

Did anyone faced the same issue before, or does anyone know how long it might take to get my passport back stamped with the Visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X