Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O1 Visa Approved by USCIS buy handed 221g In Sydney... HELP !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O1 Visa Approved by USCIS buy handed 221g In Sydney... HELP !

I went to the consulate (17t September 2014) for my O1 Visa which was approved by USCIS. Long story short the VO was asked me a few questions which I was satisfied with and then handed me a 221(g) requesting the full petition. I sent it in on Friday 19th of September and haven't heard anything. Does anyone have any experience with this , how long should this take to process ?

thanks !

O1 visa approval - did you get your visa approved ?

Hello
    did you get your O1 visa approved. Was your expertise under one of the Technology alert list ? ( chemical etc.. they have listed everything under the sun as an alert in this list). IF you got your visa approved, can you share your experience please ? how long did it take ? Did they take your passport or only copy of it ? My relative has been given a blue slip 221 G today and we are very anxious about the time it will take for them to get back to us. Anything you have to say will help us to know what is going it. They did not tell us anything !

Saras

Comment

Hello,
      I had VI on 16th sept 2014 @mumbai consulate India and was also handed 221g blue slip (O1a). VO returned my passport and asked to submit docs like CV, research publications, etc etc--Submitted all docs asked for on 17th sept 2014. My case still shows AP. its been 3 weeks now. has anyone any idea how long it takes?? also please keep posting your status it really helps others like me.
      Thanks
      Last edited by Kartick; 10-08-2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kartick View Post
        Hello,
        I had VI on 16th sept 2014 @mumbai consulate India and was also handed 221g blue slip (O1a). VO returned my passport and asked to submit docs like CV, research publications, etc etc--Submitted all docs asked for on 17th sept 2014. My case still shows AP. its been 3 weeks now. has anyone any idea how long it takes?? also please keep posting your status it really helps others like me.
        Thanks
        Should take 3-4 weeks in general.
        Last edited by samlynn; 10-19-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I am on my 5th waiting week. But there were 5 days of holidays here at the consulate last week-- I guess I have no other choice than wait.

Any updates saras55 and Sam Campbell?
          Last edited by samlynn; 10-19-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kartick View Post
            Thanks! I am on my 5th waiting week. But there were 5 days of holidays here at the consulate last week-- I guess I have no other choice than wait.

Any updates saras55 and Sam Campbell?
            No updates.. Middle of fourth week and still waiting ! They have the passport too !

Sam, any updates ?

Saras

Comment

O1 visa approved after getting blue slip and waiting for almost six weeks

Hello All
              my daughter got her O1 visa approved today. We were so apprehensive for the past five weeks or more and wondering how long it will take. She will also share her experiences with us shortly, on this forum. Thanks every one for sharing your thoughts. It was really helpful to know we have company ! Made the wait a bit more tolerable. Good luck to all of you to get your visas stamped asap.

saras

Originally posted by saras55 View Post
              Hello
              did you get your O1 visa approved. Was your expertise under one of the Technology alert list ? ( chemical etc.. they have listed everything under the sun as an alert in this list). IF you got your visa approved, can you share your experience please ? how long did it take ? Did they take your passport or only copy of it ? My relative has been given a blue slip 221 G today and we are very anxious about the time it will take for them to get back to us. Anything you have to say will help us to know what is going it. They did not tell us anything !

Saras

Comment

they have listed everything under the sun as an alert in this list). IF you got your visa approved, can you share your experience please

Fut coins

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X