Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2 status adjustment to Greencard due to marriage

Hello everyone,

I recently got married to an American citizen and am now trying to figure out how to apply for a green card. The last couple of days I have been doing research and filling out documents but I still have a couple of questions.

I hope someone has experience with these matters and can help!

Documents I am filling out:

I-508 - Waiver of Rights and Privileges
    I-566 - Change or adjustments of status from A,G, etc
    I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative
    I-485 - Application to register permanent status

Questions:

1. Can you please confirm that I need to fill out the I-566? If so who is the the " principal alien "? When you look at the document the first part I need to fill out, then the principal alien, asking the same questions.

2. Do I have an alien registration number? If so where can I find it? My A2 visa number is longer then 9 digits.

3. What is a PID / Dos personal number? Does the embassy have this number?

4. Please correct me if I am wrong but my current USCIS status is A2 visa holder correct?

5. Do I hand in all of these documents at once? USCIS states that the I-130 and I-485 do, but no mention of I-508 or I-566.

I hope someone can help.....

Best,

A2

A2,

How did you enter the U.S., with what kind of visa?

When does your visa expire or your I-94 expire?

The information you provided seems somewhat disjointed, so need some basic information about your status before giving you and suggestions.

--Ray B

Originally posted by a2visa View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently got married to an American citizen and am now trying to figure out how to apply for a green card. The last couple of days I have been doing research and filling out documents but I still have a couple of questions.

Questions:

1. Can you please confirm that I need to fill out the I-566? If so who is the the " principal alien "? When you look at the document the first part I need to fill out, then the principal alien, asking the same questions.

2. Do I have an alien registration number? If so where can I find it? My A2 visa number is longer then 9 digits.

4. Please correct me if I am wrong but my current USCIS status is A2 visa holder correct?

5. Do I hand in all of these documents at once? USCIS states that the I-130 and I-485 do, but no mention of I-508 or I-566.

Best,

A2

Comment

Ray B,

Entered with an A2 and it expires in 2017.

I was issued the visa in 2012 and have since travelled back and forth to Europe... the forms ask me to fill in my I-94 number but which one do I fill in? If any?

Thanks.

Vincent

Comment

Use the information from your last entry, if reflected on an I-94, whether in your passport or downloadable.

The I-508 seems to apply to you, but the I-566 may not be needed.

This is the first time I've looked at your type of status, so I apologize for not being more helpful.

But you'll also need G-325A for both you and spouse, I-765, I-131 and I-864, all with supporting documents.

--Ray B

Ray B,

Entered with an A2 and it expires in 2017.

I was issued the visa in 2012 and have since travelled back and forth to Europe... the forms ask me to fill in my I-94 number but which one do I fill in? If any?

Thanks.

Vincent

Comment

the forms ask me to fill in my I-94 number but which one do I fill in? If any?

Fut coins

Comment

Usually, the most recently-issued I-94 info would be used.

--Ray B

Originally posted by superzozo View Post
            the forms ask me to fill in my I-94 number but which one do I fill in? If any?

Fut coins

Comment

Hello a2Visa,

I saw your post and I am in the same situation, I hope if you already got your green card could help me with the process... I am at that point right now filling the applications and I dont know what else do I need... could you tell me what you did pls. thank you!

Hello everyone,

Questions:

Best,

A2

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X