O-1 and O-3 visas questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-1 and O-3 visas questions

Hello! Me and my partner are currently living in Europe and my partner was hired in an american company with Visa O-1. He starts in September. We are also expecting a child in December and the only way I can go with him is with Visa O-3 as spouse. The problem is that we are not married and we don't have the same nationality, the marriage process will take at least one month to complete. Plus I will then have to apply for the visa. So we have little time to decide how to proceed. Can you advise me on what would be the best? Can I go to the USA with tourist visa, get married there and then apply for the O-3? Or is there a chance that I get O-3 without being married? More the time is passing, less time we have, at one point it will be even dangerous to fly with the advanced pregnancy. Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Originally posted by orionperks View Post
    ? Can I go to the USA with tourist visa, get married there and then apply for the O-3?
    No. You cannot enter the US on a tourist visa with the intent to change status. Enter using the authorized visa for the intended purpose.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X