Spouse Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse Visa

I am a green card holder. I am single male, and I want to get married to a lady in India. What is the visa I should apply for my spouse? How long will it take for the spouse to get the visa to join me in the USA? I would like people to share their experience in this matter. The lady does not have much education, so she cannot apply under any other category?

Naina

After you marry her you can file an I-130 petition for her with all the required
    documents in the US. Remember , there is wait period of about 5 years
    for spouses of green card holders and before that she will not be able to come and live with you. Only you will be able to go and live with her till her visa comes.

Comment

Originally posted by peace
      After you marry her you can file an I-130 petition for her with all the required
      documents in the US. Remember , there is wait period of about 5 years
      for spouses of green card holders and before that she will not be able to come and live with you. Only you will be able to go and live with her till her visa comes.
      Thanks. That's an awfully long wait. Are there any grounds, compassionate or otherwise, that would enable one to speed up the process?

naina

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X