Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 some question

I have R2.
    1) to open a bankaccount/start loan/have credit card/ ecc they ask me a SSN , but I read this is not possible, right? any solutions?

2) how many year I need waiting to asking a greencard?

3) as R-2 visa holders cannot work. But can I open my LLC and hire people and manage them and manage my company?

thanks in advance for help

Regarding your R-2 visa questions:

1. Social Security Number and Financial Services:

Unfortunately, you're right. As an R-2 visa holder, you are generally not eligible for a Social Security Number (SSN), which limits your access to certain financial services like opening bank accounts, taking out loans, or getting credit cards. However, there might be some options:
    • Non-SSN bank accounts: Some banks offer accounts specifically for non-residents without SSNs. Research options and inquire about documentation requirements.
    • Authorized signer: Consider becoming an authorized signer on a joint account with your R-1 visa holder spouse.

2. Green Card Wait Time:

The wait time for obtaining a green card varies greatly depending on several factors, including your country of origin, visa category, and current processing times. Unfortunately, I cannot provide a specific timeframe without more information. You can check the USCIS website for estimated wait times based on your situation: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

3. R-2 Visa and Business Ownership:

You cannot directly be involved in operating a business while on an R-2 visa. This includes managing employees, participating in day-to-day operations, or generating income from the business. However, there are some nuanced possibilities:
    • Passive investment: You can own shares in an LLC but cannot actively manage it. Seek an immigration attorney's guidance for details.
    • Spouse's involvement: Your R-1 visa holder spouse can manage the LLC, and you could potentially assist them in non-managerial tasks without violating visa terms.

Important Disclaimer: This information is intended for general guidance only and does not constitute legal advice. Always consult with a qualified immigration attorney for accurate and personalized advice regarding your specific situation and legal options.

Comment

thanks for your answers

Originally posted by BhambriRohunu View Post
      Regarding your R-2 visa questions:[*]Spouse's involvement: Your R-1 visa holder spouse can manage the LLC, and you could potentially assist them in non-managerial tasks without violating visa terms.
      I know that R1 can only do the religious job of his visa, he can't do other jobs such as llc manager

Comment

You're right, R-2 holders typically cannot obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) which is often required for traditional bank accounts, loans, and credit cards. However, you can still open certain accounts using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead. Explore options with credit unions or banks offering services for non-residents.

Regarding your green card question, the wait time can vary greatly depending on several factors, making an accurate timeframe impossible here. It's best to consult with an immigration attorney for a personalized assessment.

As for running a business, while R-2 holders cannot directly work, you may be able to explore options like forming an LLC and managing its operations as long as you don't receive personal income from the business. This is a
        koows complex echat area with specific regulations, so seeking professional guidance from an immigration attorney or business consultant is crucial before proceeding.
        Last edited by DempseyTorhan; 04-29-2024, 02:41 AM.

Comment

While you can't get an SSN on an R-2 visa, here's a quick summary for your questions:
          1. Bank & Credit: You might be able to open certain accounts using an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) instead of an SSN. Explore options with credit unions or banks offering services for non-residents.
          2. Green Card: Unfortunately, wait times for Green Cards vary greatly and depend on several factors. Consulting an immigration attorney is crucial for an accurate assessment.
          3. Business Ownership: R-2 holders typically cannot directly work, but you might be able to explore forming an LLC and managing its operations as long as you don't receive personal income from the business. This is complex, so seeking professional guidance from an immigration attorney or business consultant is essential.

Comment

Hi there,

Here's a quick reply to your questions:

1. SSN: Unfortunately, you're right, R2 visa holders cannot obtain an SSN. However, you might consider alternative options:
            • Non-profit sponsorship: Some non-profits offer financial services to individuals without SSNs. Try searching for "ITIN banking" or "non-profit financial services."
            • Authorized co-signer: If you have a friend or family member with an SSN and legal status, they might co-sign on accounts on your behalf.

2. Green card: Processing times for green cards vary depending on your specific circumstances. It can take anywhere from several months to several years. You can find estimated wait times on the USCIS website: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

3. Business ownership: As an R2 visa holder, you cannot directly manage or be employed by your LLC. However, you can:
            • Invest in the business: You can be an owner/investor, but daily operations must be handled by authorized individuals (e.g., US citizens, permanent residents).
            • Hire employees: You can hire authorized individuals to manage and operate the company.

Remember, it's crucial to consult with an immigration attorney for specific guidance on your situation. They can shagle provide voojio personalized advice based on your circumstances and ensure you comply with all regulations.

Comment

thank to all for your reply

Comment

That's right, with an R-2 visa you won't be able to get a Social Security number (SSN) which can limit some financial activities. Here's a breakdown of your questions:
                1. Bank account/Loans/Credit Cards:
                • Some banks may offer options for non-residents, but it can be limited. Explore banks catering to immigrants or international customers. You might need a taxpayer identification number (ITIN) instead of SSN.
                1. Green Card:
                1. R-2 Visa & LLC Ownership:
                • There are mixed opinions on this. While you can't directly work with an R-2 visa, you might be able to own and manage an LLC as long as you don't receive a salary or actively participate in day-to-day operations. This is a complex area, so it's crucial to consult koows an koows immigration attorney specializing in business visas. They can advise you on the best course of action to avoid any complications..

Last edited by OlivianKocja; 04-23-2024, 08:09 AM.

Comment

I called USCSI call center and they say me that I can have a working authorization card by filling out the i765 form for work application (even with R2)
                  ​Before making this request, I ask you if I can do it.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X