Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 TO F1 Change of status (RFE)

Hello
    I recently applied for a change of status (F2-F1), i received a letter from USCIS for futher RFE (request for evidence).It says
    You submitted with your application, a certificate of balance from the __ bank, including that ___(Sponsor name), who appears to be your sponsors, has a balance of $------ in their account. However, you did not submit an affidavit of support nor a statement from the sponsor attesting that they are willing to contribute those funds to your school expenses.

Please have your sponsor submit a statement or affidavit of support specifying the contributions he/she will make on your behalf, such as tuition and school expenses, room and board etc.. Your sponsor should submit documentary evidence of ability to provide this support throughout the duration of your studies.

My question is what kind of documentary evidence is he/she looking for? I already submitted bank statement and proof of income of the sponsor and also submitted a detail funds and assets on a notary form.

Submit a plain paper letter from the sponsor, stating that the sponsor will take care of all your expenses. If possible submit the bank statements and income statements again. There is no need to notarize anything.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by vijaymy4rds View Post
      Hello
      I recently applied for a change of status (F2-F1), i received a letter from USCIS for futher RFE (request for evidence).It says
      You submitted with your application, a certificate of balance from the __ bank, including that ___(Sponsor name), who appears to be your sponsors, has a balance of $------ in their account. However, you did not submit an affidavit of support nor a statement from the sponsor attesting that they are willing to contribute those funds to your school expenses.

Please have your sponsor submit a statement or affidavit of support specifying the contributions he/she will make on your behalf, such as tuition and school expenses, room and board etc.. Your sponsor should submit documentary evidence of ability to provide this support throughout the duration of your studies.

My question is what kind of documentary evidence is he/she looking for? I already submitted bank statement and proof of income of the sponsor and also submitted a detail funds and assets on a notary form.
      Hi, Even though you submitted your bank statement, USCIS still need an affidavit of support from sponsor & I heard it should be notarized. By the way, which way did you apply - USCIS ELIS/paper work ? I'm yet to apply for COS from F2 to F1

Comment

Originally posted by sainadh View Post
        Hi, Even though you submitted your bank statement, USCIS still need an affidavit of support from sponsor & I heard it should be notarized. By the way, which way did you apply - USCIS ELIS/paper work ? I'm yet to apply for COS from F2 to F1
        Hi
        Can you let me know when you have applied for COS, I am waiting for processing of my application for COS at vermont service center, I applied in June last week, does anyone know what is the current processing date, the website was not useful for last 2 months its saying as May 7th.

Thanks
        Kumar

Comment

Originally posted by kumar.ny66 View Post
          Hi
          Can you let me know when you have applied for COS, I am waiting for processing of my application for COS at vermont service center, I applied in June last week, does anyone know what is the current processing date, the website was not useful for last 2 months its saying as May 7th.

Thanks
          Kumar
          Hi,

I applied very recently on 12th of this month through USCIS ELIS system. I'm staying in Texas & I think my application will also go to Vermont Center. If you apply on June last week, its almost more than 3 months. Did you get any status update from them? I heard it takes maximum 3 months. But in the website, it shows 3.9 months. If you are OK, please share your mail id so that we can be in contact & get to know about processing times.

Thank you!!

Comment

F2 to F1 change of status

Hi,

I have applied to vermont service center recently to change my visa status from F2 to F1. What are the probabilities of my visa rejection if I go to India (after getting my COS approved) to get my visa stamped before starting the school? I have partial assistantship and my husband is a student in the same school.

Thanks!

Comment

Change of status has nothing to do with Visa application. It will not affect the Visa application one way or another.
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by madu View Post
                Hi,

I have applied to vermont service center recently to change my visa status from F2 to F1. What are the probabilities of my visa rejection if I go to India (after getting my COS approved) to get my visa stamped before starting the school? I have partial assistantship and my husband is a student in the same school.

Thanks!
                Unless it is emergency, I suggest you not to go for stamping in India. I heard many cases whose visa got rejected even in their last semester of studies. Check with friends & attorneys as well.

Thank you!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X