Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US F1 student VISA in Toronto , Canada

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Before I come up with my query, I would like to introduce my self. I am an Indian Citizen with valid Indian Passport came to USA on H1B in 2009. I worked for some company till Dec 2011. Even though I have valid H1B till July 2014, considering my academic interests, I applied for H1B to F1 student Visa conversion in Dec 2011 and joined Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh. I started pursuing my dual masters ( ECE and Engineering management) from Jan 2012 to till now. My H1 to F1 student conversion has been done and I received my F1 documents along with valid I20 and I94 in march 2012. So currently i am on valid F1 student status but with no official F1 student stamp on my passport. I have valid F1 status approved till Dec 2013.

Now I have to meet a professor in one of the premier University in toronto , Canada.
    To accomplish this I am planning to apply for Canadian VISA at Canadian Embassy in Newyork. I intend to get Canadian VISA approved from Canadian Embassy and drive to Toronto , canada via Buffalo. After I finish my work, since I need to get my F1 stamping while coming to US, I intend to get it stamped in toronto, Canada.

Does this whole process make sense ? Is there any loop hole in my plan ? Please comment. I need to figure out my travel plans at the earliest possible. Appreciate your help in responding to my queries.

Thanks.

Yes, this is possible.
    Remember that there is always a risk of denial in any F1 Visa application because of immigrant intent. If denied, you will have to travel to home country directly from Canada.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X