• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-2 Visa Approved - Mumbai

Wife's F-2 Visa got Approved
    Embassy: Mumbai
    Date: Nov 21 2012

Her visa interview was in Marathi, so there were 2 people standing in front of her. All questions and answers took place in Marathi.

Wife: Namaste !!
    VO: Namaste..

VO: Where does your husband live?
    Wife: Told.

VO: What is your husband studying?
    Wife: He graduated in Dec 2011 and now working on OPT.

VO: In which company your husband works?

VO: Husband's annual salary?

VO: From which university your husband graduated?

VO: Is your husband going to file H1B visa?
    Wife: No, he isn't.

VO: (Weird look on VO's face).... Okay, so your husband has only 2 months left on his OPT so why are you going?
    Wife: Yes, but he has already applied for 17 months extension and the receipt has also been generated.

VO: Show me your marriage certificate?
    Wife: Shown.

VO: Both of yours age?

VO: Alright, your visa has been approved.(Aapki Arzi Manzoor Ki Gayi Hai)
    Wife: Thanks...

So this is my wife's visa interview story. One of the most feared reason for getting rejected was that my OPT has only 2 months remaining. I have applied for 17 months Extension and at the same time requested for F-2 Dependent I-20. This was suggested by my International Advisor. Because of this, on F2 I-20, the extension dates were also printed and we had a reason now if VO asks about 2 months remaining and the exactly same thing happened.

I don't know if selecting your language really helps but in my case it did. We practiced a lot, and made my wife ready to face any question VO might ask. So one thing I and my wife have experienced is that you have to tell the truth at any cost. I was suggested to deposit money in my bank to increase the financing amount but I didn't do that and I am glad that I didn't. This forum helped us a lot and that is the reason, I am writing in detail so that potential F2 visa applicants get help.
    Good Luck to all Potential F-2 visa applicants
    Last edited by usf1opt; 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X