Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Request for evidence F1 OPT EAD replacement application.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Request for evidence F1 OPT EAD replacement application.

Hi there,

I was issued, and subsequently lost, my F1 OPT EAD card. I e-filed for a replacement, got my biometrics done, and today got blue forms I-797 Y asking for among other things:

3) A photocopy of your previous Employment Authorization Card (Form I-766 or Form I-688B) if you have ever been issued one.
    5) Submit a statement that outlines the basis for your request for employment authorization. You must include in your statement how any income you derive, as a result of employment, will be used and which family members will be supported by this income.

And on the other page:

3) You must submit all requested evidence at the same time. If you submit only some of the requested evidence, USCIS will consider it a request for a decision on the record [8 CFR 103.2(b)(11)]

I have some short questions:

I have no photocopy of the card because I lost it before I could copy it. I do have the mailer that came with the card that says "save this mailer to get a replacement card". Will this be enough?

Is there anything I should say in this statement I might be missing? I have told the truth about losing the card and that I will use any income to live off and to book my flight home when my F1 expires.

What is a "decision on the record [8 CFR 103.2(b)(11)]"?

Thanks so much for any help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X