Please Help Urgent - H1 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Urgent - H1 to F1

Hello please can someone advise! I used to be F1 then got H1 and now planning to apply COS from H1 to F1. Please advise - has anyone applied COS from H1 to F1 - what all documents did you send?

1. Please tell me what documents are required?
    2. What document to show ties to resident country?
    3. How to write letter to USCIS - what should I highlight to show intent to return etc.?
    4. Do I mention in my letter which day my employment is being terminated?

I have barely two more weeks of employment left with current employer and need to file for COS asap. I am hopeful of getting my I-20 within a day or two.

Also my understanding of the process is : H1 job will be terminated in two weeks - I apply for COS with a few days of H1 job still left - by the time I receive the COS receipt (typically takes 2 weeks), my H1 job would have been terminated. Is that ok?

The difference between last day of H1 and day mentioned as start date in I20 is definitely lesser than 30 days. Is my case safe? Or is it true that on the day I get COS notice I should still be employed?

Also - I have no idea when my employer will revoke H1 visa. It may be revoked on the day of termination itself. How does this affect the whole process? Please advise.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X