F1: Brother in USA but entered NO relatives on DS 160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1: Brother in USA but entered NO relatives on DS 160

Hi, I am applying for F1 visa and have interview scheduled for Jan 7th. Although my brother is in US on green card,In DS 160 form, I entered that there no relatives are in USA.
    I thought that we can only enter relatives who are US Citizens. Will my form entry cause issues ? is there a way this can be corrected now.

Normally you can just submit a new DS-160 with the correct information, but I don't know if all embassies allow that. Check the website of the embassy you're going to and see if they have an FAQ concerning the DS-160. I'm sure you're not the first person to be in this situation.

Comment

In the same situation

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you right now. Can you tell me what you did? I read in a forum that we can start a new application which will create a new application ID and then we can change the application ID in the visa application form. Thats all!! It seems too easy and I am a little apprehensive to do that. I want to find someone who has actually did that and faced no problem. Please help me. Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X