Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning for MS in US & potential problem of acquiring VISA

Hello All

I am currently pursuing my BTech (CSE) from GGSIPU New Delhi and Im in 6th Semester. I plan to go to US for MS in Computer Science. I am in the planning phase right now and I have to give my GRE next semester.
    Can you suggest me a good institute where can prepare for GRE and which has a good reputation in terms of number of students successfully admitted in US universities?

Also I have heard of a potential problem to acquiring VISA and I'll state it as follows:

I want to study in California as it has vast research and job opportunities related to Computer Science. I have been to California 5 years back on tourist VISA. I have my relatives there which provided the guarantee and other paper work for my trip. My mother and my sister have also been to California.

Now I know that US embassy has a tendency to reject VISA if they find that I won't return to India after my studies and my relatives living there may prejudice their decision.
    If they know that I have a well settled relative in California then they'll grind me on this fact and there will be a potential threat to my VISA application.
    I can't lie to them about my previous visits nor about my relatives. They'll think that I won't return.

My, my sister's and my Mother's tourist visa has expired and my family is settled in Delhi and we have a business here.

I need your advise on this issue. Is this a potential problem for my applying for VISA for studying in California? Can you help me with any measures that I must take for the same?

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Just be honest man. When you visited 5 years ago what reasons did you mention for the visit?
    If you family application was a collective application and the reason was to visit friends and family then it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to lie.
    On the flip side you can use it to your advantage and prepare a statement saying that 'ever since my visit to the US and learning more about the educational opportunities available I always wanted to study there and since I was always interested in computer science the amount of technology innovation that comes out of California amazed me and I've always wanted to study there.'....

Gotta learn to flip your negatives to positives brother

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X