Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost My Passport,VISA,SSN,I94

Hi,
    I recently lost my passport,VISA,SSN,I94. I am in a process to apply for a new passport. I am currently pursuing Masters in Computer Science in Texas A&M kingsville. I completed my first sem in Univ of Southern Mississippi. I was told I can get passport in 4 weeks. My worry is about VISA. Will be an issue? Is there any chance of rejection?I am planning to go India for VISA stamping in this july. I will be graduating this december(2013). Is Canada a better option or Should I go to INDIA itself for restamping. Am much much tensed about this issue.
    Please reply

Nobody can predict it, but since you have obtained an F1 Visa before and since you will not have graduated in July, you should mostly get it again.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Sir, Incase If I doesnt go INDIA for visa restamping now, can I continue my OPT? If yes, will there be any problem in future at the time of H1B visa stamping?

Comment

Yes. You don't have to get a Visa, but if you ever leave the US and want to return in F1 status (including OPT), you will need an F1 Visa. Chances of approval are higher while you have not graduated.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          Yes. You don't have to get a Visa, but if you ever leave the US and want to return in F1 status (including OPT), you will need an F1 Visa. Chances of approval are higher while you have not graduated.
          And by the way can I go to Canada or Mexico for my VISA stamping??
          When I consulted one of the person who lost VISA, he said that he was issued VISA only for 1 year itself as he was graduating that semester.
          If that happens will that be a problem in future? Please reply

Comment

Technically you can apply anywhere, but if Visa gets denied while in Canada, you will have to travel to home country directly from Canada.
            Of course if Visa is issued, that is a positive thing. When it expires and if you want to travel outside again, you will again need to apply.

Comment

Technically you can apply anywhere, but if Visa gets denied while in Canada, you will have to travel to home country directly from Canada.
              Of course if Visa is issued, that is a positive thing. When it expires and if you want to travel outside again, you will again need to apply.
              hello sir, Finally I would like to ask one more question. I was told by CBP thet I94 is not required to leave US. So the final question I have is do we have to make the financial documents again for attending VISA interview or the documents which I prepared in the month of may, 2012 are sufficient. I am planning to go for restamping in the month of july.(2013)

Comment

Yes, you need evidence of available funds as before.

Comment

lost passport

Yes, you need evidence of available funds as before.
                  "My situation is same as you faced. Can you please post the best
                  possible solution for this situation"

Comment

Originally posted by reddyrahul022 View Post
                    "My situation is same as you faced. Can you please post the best
                    possible solution for this situation"
                    Did u get ur new passport?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X