Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Eligibility

Hello,

My wife came to US on H4 visa on April 2012.
    Enrolled in a nearby university for Masters program on H4 visa for Fall 2012.
    She is taking all courses online bcz she is on H4 visa.
    Applied for H4 to F1 convesrion in January 2013 and approved on March 2013. I-20 says the starting semester as Summer.

She is left with three courses for graduation and she is planning to take them during summer semester. She will take these by goign to the University.

My questions or concers
    1) Her F1 approval notice says that she is on F1 from march 21 2013. But currently she is enrolled fulltime, but all online courses. DSO says it is fine bcz her F1 starts from Summer semester. Any issues i might face bcz of this ?
    2) she is planning to apply for OPT next month. I know that the study period on H4 counts. But my concern is she took them online. She did that after talking to DSO. Do we have to worry about that?
    3) Can uscis know whether we took courses online or not..if so how do they know.Does the school reports it even while studying on H4 status ?

Good thing is DSO says we are good for OPT and she is willing to give OPT I-20 next month. Please provide you suggestions or feedback.. Your help is appereciated. Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X