From OPT, H1B in process to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From OPT, H1B in process to F1

I am currently on OPT extension and working at a company. I am planing to end my employment with the company on July 1st and matriculate into a graduate program at a University in the US for the Fall in August. Between the time my work ends and school starts, I'm planning to fly back to my home country to visit. I am concerned if there will be any problem when I re-apply for F1 visa in my home country this July.
    I'm not sure if my case will be the same as other first time F1 applicants, since I have the following complications:

1. I'm currently on OPT extension until December 2013. If I ask the university to put my I-20 start date as July 1st, will this automatically terminate my OPT status? Will this cause a problem when I apply for my new F1?
    2. My current company applied for H1B for me in April this year and it is still in process. When I resign in July, I assume they will just withdraw the application. I don't know what my H1B application status will be at that point. What happens if it is approved? As I still wish to work until July, I cannot tell my company to withdraw my application now. Will this affect my application for the new F1 visa?

Please let me know if you see any other potential problems.
    Thank you so much! Have a great day!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X