Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I take up a lecturer position on F-1 OPT Status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take up a lecturer position on F-1 OPT Status?

My university has a temp teaching position, for one semester, and I will be on post-completion OPT during that time. Can I work as a lecturer in my department during OPT? Also, what happens if I need STEM extension, are teaching positions allowed STEM extensions? I know that my department comes under STEM.

Yes, as long as this is in your field of study you can work and get extension for this position (assuming the employer is enrolled in EVerify).
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Yes, as long as this is in your field of study you can work and get extension for this position (assuming the employer is enrolled in EVerify).
      Thanks kabkaba! Yes, my employer is a public university and we are e-verify. I was confused because "teaching" is not really equal to working in major area. Also, I think we can work any number of hours on post-completion OPT? So, do you know -- if I take up this position, I can still do other internships or part-time jobs in my field?

Comment

Any job in your field of study is fine and you can work any number of jobs.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X