Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fill DS160 fields

Hi,

I have a problem while filling "Have you ever used other names" field in DS 160 form. Previously I had only firstname in my passport and lastname field was blank. I have got my passport reissued with a last name too.
    For eg: Before reissue of passport:
    Firstname: A **** **
    Lastname: <Blank>

After reissue of passport:
    Lastname: K **** **

Now when I select "Yes" to the question "Have you ever used other name", it asks for two questions:

1) Other names for surname used
    2) Other names for firstname used

for 2nd question, I do not need to write anything as my firstname remains the same but what should I write for the 1st question?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!

Was the K*** part of the first name before?
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Hi,

The K **** * part was not there in my firstname before. It is added for the first time that too as a Sur name.

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Was the K*** part of the first name before?

Comment

No need to mention that.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by aparnakansal View Post
          Hi,

I have a problem while filling "Have you ever used other names" field in DS 160 form. Previously I had only firstname in my passport and lastname field was blank. I have got my passport reissued with a last name too.
          For eg: Before reissue of passport:
          Lastname: <Blank>

After reissue of passport:
          Lastname: K **** **

Now when I select "Yes" to the question "Have you ever used other name", it asks for two questions:

1) Other names for surname used
          2) Other names for firstname used

for 2nd question, I do not need to write anything as my firstname remains the same but what should I write for the 1st question?

Please help me with this.

Thanks!
          I am not a senior member of this community, nor I used other filed in DS-160 form, but the very first option I think is to leave it as it is which will justify that in previous passport there was nothing in the surname field, but if the Ds-160 form does not allow you to save such blank space or does not go through you can put NA or Not applicable there so that your DS-160 form goes through & also you can justify that as there was nothing in the previous passport so I write as not applicable in this field.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. But I think if I'll leave it as it is, it will not justify that in my previous passport I didn't have a last name, instead it shows that I have not used any other surname other than K **** *. I think I should keep The field "Other names for firstname used" empty as I have not used any other first name(my first name is A **** * in both the passports) but I can not keep the field "Other names for surname used" empty since there is a mismatch in last names in both of the passports.

Please suggest.

Thanks!

Originally posted by H1related View Post
            I am not a senior member of this community, nor I used other filed in DS-160 form, but the very first option I think is to leave it as it is which will justify that in previous passport there was nothing in the surname field, but if the Ds-160 form does not allow you to save such blank space or does not go through you can put NA or Not applicable there so that your DS-160 form goes through & also you can justify that as there was nothing in the previous passport so I write as not applicable in this field.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X