Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian applying for F1 visa but passport validity only 1 month beyond intended stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian applying for F1 visa but passport validity only 1 month beyond intended stay

Hi, I scheduled my visa OFC/Consulate appointments today and I noticed that there is a rule requiring

"A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)."

I clicked on the country-specific exemptions and it says that India is one of the countries that extends passport validity for additional 6 months after expiration. So does that mean I am good? I really dont have time to apply for reissue for passport if I dont have to and anyway my passport is valid for another 4 years!! Please advise

That's fine.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

You are fine... Dont worry even if it expires sooner than that. I got my F-1 with just about a year left on my passport for a 2 yr course. You can always get your passport renewed/re-issued in US.

Originally posted by Pushpendre Rastogi View Post
      Hi, I scheduled my visa OFC/Consulate appointments today and I noticed that there is a rule requiring

"A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)."

I clicked on the country-specific exemptions and it says that India is one of the countries that extends passport validity for additional 6 months after expiration. So does that mean I am good? I really dont have time to apply for reissue for passport if I dont have to and anyway my passport is valid for another 4 years!! Please advise

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X