Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g White Form for F1 Visa - Sydney Consulate

Hi,
    I have 5 years of work experience and now i have applied for F1 visa. Currently am working in Sydney on Work visa.
    Yesterday (16th May) i have attended my visa interview in Sydney US consulate.
    Visa officer has asked few questions and has given me a 221g White form. She asked for my CV. Said that they need to do some administrative processing and also said that i need not submit any documents.

Does any one know how long it may take to get reply from them?
    Also are there any chances of rejection?

Thanks in advance.

AspiringStudent - how long did it take?

AspiringStudent,

Did you get an update on your administrative processing case? How long did the Sydney consulate take to act on your case?

I applied for a H1-B visa yesterday (Aug 26) have been given the same white 221g form with administrative processing checked on it. As you can imagine going to US on a new job, requires quitting existing job, travel and move logistics, etc. So, this whole uncertainty around administrative processing is very stressful. Plus my intended start date in US was after 30 days.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Comment

E3 Visa stuck in Section 221(g)

Originally posted by sydh1b View Post
      AspiringStudent,

Did you get an update on your administrative processing case? How long did the Sydney consulate take to act on your case?

I applied for a H1-B visa yesterday (Aug 26) have been given the same white 221g form with administrative processing checked on it. As you can imagine going to US on a new job, requires quitting existing job, travel and move logistics, etc. So, this whole uncertainty around administrative processing is very stressful. Plus my intended start date in US was after 30 days.

Thanks,
      Ajay
      Hi Ajay

I applied for my E3 and wifes E3D visa in June 2013 and after a brief interview the VO handed me a green sheet with Administrative Processing required ticked. It is now close to three months and havent heard anything from the consulate, i tried emailing them after 60 days time period and got a standard reply stating that my case is still in Administrative Processing...this i very frustrating, even though i admit that security checks are neccessary it shouldnt take this long...the US consulate should re-consider their process and make it more efficient as peoples lives are on hold because of the uncertainty

Let me know how you go with your process.

P.S: i applied for the visa in Melbourne.

shahid

Comment

Originally posted by shahidismail View Post
        Hi Ajay

I applied for my E3 and wifes E3D visa in June 2013 and after a brief interview the VO handed me a green sheet with Administrative Processing required ticked. It is now close to three months and havent heard anything from the consulate, i tried emailing them after 60 days time period and got a standard reply stating that my case is still in Administrative Processing...this i very frustrating, even though i admit that security checks are neccessary it shouldnt take this long...the US consulate should re-consider their process and make it more efficient as peoples lives are on hold because of the uncertainty

Let me know how you go with your process.

P.S: i applied for the visa in Melbourne.

shahid
        Sorry to hear that. Agreed, that this is a very retarded process and only decreases America's competitiveness in the global economy.

I'll update you if I hear anything on my case. Good luck mate!

Comment

Admin processing completed

I finally received an Email from the consulate that admin processing is completed and they need my passport to continue the visa process. My visa interview date was 26th Aug and today is 9th Oct. So, it took them a little over 6 weeks to complete admin processing.

For others in the same situation, good luck! And always post updates when your cases progress.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X