Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 student got ticket (Class C misdemeanor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 student got ticket (Class C misdemeanor)

Hi,

I'm on a student visa (F-1). I do NOT have a work permit. I was ticketed for selling tobacco to a minor, I wasn't working there instead I went to meet my friend. My case is currently on appeal from JP Court to the County Court. I want to travel to my home country in December to attend my sister's wedding and I'm afraid that the ticket will show up on a computer check when I return to the U.S. and I will have problems. The offense is not serious, but working without permission would be a violation of student status. What would be consequences? What I'm I supposed to do? Would this have an impact in the future like when I change my status from F1 to OPT and then H1?... help me guys

F1 student got ticket (Class C misdemeanor)

How can you help your friend on a work site? That itself is illegal. Your story does not add up. You were working illegally in a C store and were caught selling tobacco to a minor. This could affect your GC for sure since this would show up on records. This again remains on the officer.
    Again there have been instances especially after tri valley and other fiasco's that especially F1 students have been asked to go back from the airport after for example convictions, illegal work like what you did.
    I remember a long back a couple who were denied citizenship as they had a lot of convictions like selling alcohol/tobacco to minors. They were denied as they could not prove that were moral.
    Again each case is unique. Honesty is the best policy.

Comment

Get a good lawyer who has experience in such things. Also consult a lawyer who has experience in immigration issues.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

My parents have gc and they want to convert into visa bcoz they donot want to live here

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X