Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time gap for applying an F1 visa from an H4 visa

Hi,
    I am on an H4 visa and I was applying to a master's degree in USA for next year summer. Someone told me that I will have to be in India for 6 months before I can apply for a F1 visa. Is that true?? I was planning to apply and if I got through I would have applied for a student visa, gone to India till its processing and then come back to join the college.. Please help me through guys.. !!!

Originally posted by roohidash View Post
    Hi,
    I am on an H4 visa and I was applying to a master's degree in USA for next year summer. Someone told me that I will have to be in India for 6 months before I can apply for a F1 visa. Is that true?? I was planning to apply and if I got through I would have applied for a student visa, gone to India till its processing and then come back to join the college.. Please help me through guys.. !!!
    Hello, Roohidash.

You can file for a Change of Status from H4 visa to F1 visa without having to come to India. Many spouses who are in US on H4 do this all the time.

Do read some online forums. You do not need to come to India to apply for a student visa.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X