Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 VISA Renewal - Chances and List of supporting documents needed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 VISA Renewal - Chances and List of supporting documents needed ?

I got my student visa in August, 2007; came to USA and finished my undergrad in Engineering and worked during OPT period in concerned field. After finishing the Opt, I started Masters at the same university and have finished three semesters. Meanwhile, my F1 Visa got expired in August, 2012. I am planning to visit my parents in India during the winter break (December) and i have a valid I-20 with good academic standing.

1. I want to know what are the chances of getting my VISA renewed so that i can come back and finish my Masters ?
    2. I also want want to know about the list of supporting documents needed while i go for the F1-VISA interview ?
    3. How early should i apply for an open visa slot at Chennai consulate (in december) ?

All responses appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance

Student visa extension during OPT-Extension.

Hi,

I am on F1 student visa (PhD graduate) which expired few years back (in 2012). But, I have a valid I20, EAD till June 2016 and a well-paying full-time job.
    I have to travel to India for a family emergency. If I travel, I have to apply for a student visa, so that I can re-enter the country.
    Now what are all the chances that my student visa will be extended. Please advice on this.

My Lawyers are suggesting that I mayn't have any problem since I am holding a valid I20, full-time and valid EAD. But, I am little worried.

Note : Also, I haven't started the Green card process. I applied for H1B this year and it is not picked.

Thanks.,
    -Balaji

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X