Uegent pls help ! F1 or h4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uegent pls help ! F1 or h4?

I am currently living in india and have gotten in a few masters programs for summer 2014. My courses will start in May 2014 but I am getting married to my fiancee who is already on H1 in April. I am extremely confused about the following: 1. do I apply for f1 and start my course on a student visa? I've heard that I need to declare that I am getting married and am afraid it will cause my visa to get rejected. Also i will need to apply in advance (before april) hence I will technically be single so I wont really be lying ! 2. Do I start work on a h4, but I am afraid there wont be enough time to apply and receive my h4 before the start of my course 3. do I leave on a h4 and apply for a COS to F1? how successful will this be ? and I would really appreciate it if someone explains the visa stamping process to me. Also if I arrive on a f1 and do not declare im married..will it affect our green card application?

need a answer urgently ! thanks guys!

First: where will you be married?

Comment

If you are on H4 (dependent visa) you can go to school or college without a change in your visa status.

However you must be married before you arrive, otherwise arriving on the f1 visa is remaining within the compliance of the visas purpose.
      What you need to remember is; what it the design of the visa, and remain within its purpose.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X