Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying for an F1 Visa - community college?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for an F1 Visa - community college?

I have applied to other colleges with scholarships but my sister thinks that I should also be realistic and apply to community colleges since that's what I can actually afford. I have been looking at CCs and plan to apply to my top choice in Missouri, I am sure I will not have a problem getting in or paying the fees - even if they ask up front. My only worry is about the F1 visa.

The reason why I am choosing a CC is affordability, I would be able to pay for it without any problems. But I am not sure whether the embassy will want me to show my plans after finishing my associate degree. I know I want to transfer to a four year college after that. Do i need to tell them which one and how I am going to fund it?

At the moment I have full proof of funds for two years.
    I did go to US, Webster University in MO and had my Visa for it in Jan 2013 after administrative processing for 3 weeks, but I was incredibly homesick and I returned.

I contacted the embassy and they suggested interview waiver and drop box. I have answered 'yes' to all questions they ask except, the clearance received option because my visa went into administrative processing.

So am I eligible for those two options?

I have already received the CC's I20

So will it cause any sort of trouble? I am really scared. How do I tell the officer if he asks me why I returned?
    Last edited by samantha11; 10-25-2013, 12:19 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X