EAD and matching job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD and matching job

My daughter is in the US. She graduated this May, 2013 and her degree is B.Sc. "Fashion Marketing" - she applied for her OPT and EAD card which was approved and sent to her and she was supposed to get towards end June but the Postal Department lost it in mail. So she applied for a replacement card and she just got it now. The card validity is from June 2013 to June, 2014. My question to you:

She may get a job in Houston but the employer is not in the Fashion Industry and is in Oil and Gas Industry - however her job will be marketing - say a Marketing Assistant - so I guess since her degree states both Fashion and Marketing - there is a gray area and as long as she is in the marketing job irrespective of what Industry she should be okay? Can you please answer this question.

The other question is: Since the first EAD card was lost by post and she got the replacement card only now she lost like 4 months - so towards end of her OPT can she ask for an extension to say June 2014 to October, 2014 and if yes when should make that application?
    Also when is the right time to apply for H1B

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X