Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i avoid the visa rejection?

Hello!
    I am from Pakistan, living and born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (P.S my family has been living in Saudi Arabia for the last 35 years approx.). I have my I-20 in hand and my F1 visa interview is scheduled after two weeks. I have gathered all the documents i need (including financial) but i am a bit worried. They say that you have to show "Strong ties to your home country". Being honest, i plan to return to Saudi Arabia once i get my computer science degree, but how should i prove it to the officer that i WILL return to Saudi Arabia when i am done? I do not own any property here (I do in Pakistan).
    Well my eldest brother went to Pakistan to get a degree and another of my elder brother went to Malaysia to get a degree and both of them returned to Saudi Arabia and are working in good organisations with good salaries. Will this be of any help?
    Please tell me any other way i can prove to the officer that i will return to Saudi Arabia once i get my degree?
    Your cooperation would be a great help for me.
    THANKS!

Originally posted by Noaman Zubairi View Post
    Hello!
    I am from Pakistan, living and born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (P.S my family has been living in Saudi Arabia for the last 35 years approx.). I have my I-20 in hand and my F1 visa interview is scheduled after two weeks. I have gathered all the documents i need (including financial) but i am a bit worried. They say that you have to show "Strong ties to your home country". Being honest, i plan to return to Saudi Arabia once i get my computer science degree, but how should i prove it to the officer that i WILL return to Saudi Arabia when i am done? I do not own any property here (I do in Pakistan).
    Well my eldest brother went to Pakistan to get a degree and another of my elder brother went to Malaysia to get a degree and both of them returned to Saudi Arabia and are working in good organisations with good salaries. Will this be of any help?
    Please tell me any other way i can prove to the officer that i will return to Saudi Arabia once i get my degree?
    Your cooperation would be a great help for me.
    THANKS!
    Hello, Noaman.

Unfortunately, there is no sure shot way of getting a visa. One can only apply and try. A lot depends on the visa officer's discretion - if he likes you, great. If he does not, too bad. It can actually boil down to that.

In addition regular hygiene questions like: Who is financing, Funds in the Bank etc. Some other factors that could play a role: i) Good University, ii) If you have a scholarship, awesome (though it does not guarantee the visa, but it helps).

Also, i noticed during one of my visa interviews, the VO asked a girl, who had applied for F1, questions like What are your hobbies? Which other country have you travelled to? So, if you overall present a good picture of a confident person (Academically + Socially), this is all you could do.

Very important: Be confident, and answer their questions clearly.

I do not think this helped much, but i wish you luck.

Cheers,
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X