Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second F1 Visa -- Shorter 'administrative processing' time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second F1 Visa -- Shorter 'administrative processing' time?

Hi guys,

I am a Pakistani national (although never lived there). I was granted a F-1 visa in 2007, however it took several months to complete 'administrative processing' which hampered my plans to attend the college and I had to take a gap year. I ended up enrolling the next semester. Unfortunately, due to family problems, I took a leave of absence for 1.5 years. I am hoping to return for the Spring 2014 session as soon as the visa documents arrive from my uni (they are very receptive to me coming back). I am in the UK right now continuing studies and my family situation is resolved. I, obviously, really want to finish my education in the States that I started at a college I love. To be honest, Britain doesn't compare to the collegiate atmosphere of the States.

My question was, assuming hopefully that I am granted my visa, is it faster to go through the visa 'administrative processing' phase when re-applying and it has been once before and, obviously, I followed all the rules and regulations of my first student visa? I just really want to able to start in Spring 2014 and not have to wait till the summer.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X