ANY ADVICE - F-1 overstay, then H-1 approval, now F-1 denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANY ADVICE - F-1 overstay, then H-1 approval, now F-1 denial

In March 2013, I came home on spring break and was denied a visa to go back to the US. I'm an MBA student at a top-5 US school. I had an F-1 visa before and overstayed, by 3 years (2006-2009), while I was waiting on an H-1. The H-1 finally got approved (conditionally) and I chose to come home back in 2010 to validate the H-1 approval at the US embassy in my country, risking that I'd get stuck, due to the overstay. However I was granted an H-1 and went back to the US and worked for my employer for 2 years after. Then I changed my status back to F-1 through USCIS and started school in Sept 2012. When I was denied my visa on spring break, I was told it was a section 214(b) denial so I went back in a week with any proof I could get of my intent to return to my home country. They didn't look at any of my documentation and denied me again.

I have now been working in my country for 9 months - great job, great title, great salary. That's the key thing that I'm hoping will make a difference as I reinterview next week. My employer has offered to keep me on part-time as I go back for school and cover part of my tuition, with my commitment to return in the summer and work for them. Any advice on how I can get the Consular Officer to actually hear me out this time would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X