j1 to f1(j1 program has been stoped)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j1 to f1(j1 program has been stoped)

I'm on a J1 Visa for 1 year and a half,but I left my sponsor after the first month of my stay in USA.I think that my program has been stoped by my student's exchange company,but I'm not sure,because they never informed me about anything.My J1 is about to expire in November but I'm received an admission to a University.Do you know if I will be able to change my status to F1?What if I marry an American citizen?
    Please answer to both of my questions.

j1 to f1 (j1 visa stoped)

I'm on a J1 Visa for 1 year and a half,but I left my sponsor after the first month of my stay in USA.I think that my program has been stoped by my student's exchange company,but I'm not sure,because they never informed me about anything.My J1 is about to expire in November but I'm received an admission to a University.Do you know if I will be able to change my status to F1?What if I marry an American citizen?
    Please answer to both of my questions.[/QUOTE]

Comment

to change from j1 to F1 u have to go to ur home country and get ur visa stamped and come back to pursue ur studies

to the other question what happens if u marry a american citizen - it's better to consult an immigration lawyer and see how ur status can be adjusted and how long does it for the whole process to take place
      Hope this helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X