I-20 Form proof of financial resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-20 Form proof of financial resources

Hello hopefully this is the correct place to post this. My girlfriend has been studying in the US for about a year and a half on an F-1 student visa. This September she will need to provide documentation stating she has enough money to study for a complete year as stated on her I-20 form. She is attending a community college and is not living at the school, its a community college so she couldn't live there even if she wanted. She lives with her sister and her family so she has no living expenses all she has to pay for is her tuition nothing else. The problem is come September she will likely not have enough money that the I-20 form requires however she will have more than enough to pay one whole years tuition. In fact the I-20 form wants her to provide over twice the amount she pays yearly in tuition. So hypothetically to make up some small simple numbers for an example, her tuition cost 100 dollars, she has 150 dollars but her I-20 form says she needs 200 dollars.

Is there anyway we can provide documentation of her tuition cost and get the amount on her I-20 form lowered? Any ideas in general?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X