Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1, OPT and I-130 traveling

Hello,

I entered the US on 2012 with an F1 visa and have not traveled since. After one year I got married with a lawful permanent resident and filed the I-130 Petition. This is still pending, I have not received an answer. I graduated this month and my application for OPT has been approved so my FI visa expires on 2015. I have been offered a job which calls for me to travel for a short time back to my country and then back to US to continue under the same employer. Can I travel and reenter the country without creating any conflict with my pending application and without the fear that I will be denied the entrance?

Thank you so much for your time.

Originally posted by Nikol G. View Post
    Hello,

I entered the US on 2012 with an F1 visa and have not traveled since. After one year I got married with a lawful permanent resident and filed the I-130 Petition. This is still pending, I have not received an answer. I graduated this month and my application for OPT has been approved so my FI visa expires on 2015. I have been offered a job which calls for me to travel for a short time back to my country and then back to US to continue under the same employer. Can I travel and reenter the country without creating any conflict with my pending application and without the fear that I will be denied the entrance?

Thank you so much for your time.
    Hi, I just saw your message in the forum and I really appreciate if you help me with my question. I have the same situation as yours two years ago. I am on F1 visa now and have a pending I130 through my husband who is a green card holder. I will graduate in 4 months. Am I eligible to apply for OPT? I have heard that OPT application of ones who have pending I130 will be rejected, is that true? I really appreciate your answer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X