Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landing in other city with F1 Student VISA

Hi everyone,

I have serious query here, I am happy about my F1 Visa on "McNeese State University" which is at Lake Charles, Louisiana. I wanted to go to my uncle's place which is in Boston, MA before I head to my university. Will there be any problem at immigration if I first land in Boston. Please lemme know what could be done or please drive me to the right source so that I can get my doubts clarified.

Thanks in advance,
    Nikhil

are you asking if anything special needs to be done for an F-1 visa holder to take domestic flights? if so, no, i traveled very many times within the US with just my driver's license and security doesn't care about your visa for domestic flights. plus, it's not like every country in the world has a direct international flight going into at least 1 airport in every state in the US. e.g. i come from singapore and i honestly don't think Singapore Airlines has a direct flight into whatever international airport that Louisiana has so i'd fly into new york or something and then hop onto a domestic flight into louisiana.

i'm assuming this is your first time in the US, so if you don't have a US driver's license for the domestic flight, a passport is more than sufficient for a domestic flight.
    My immigration timeline: http://littlealienmusings.blogspot.com/p/about.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X