Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help visa F1 "passport valid" before interview at us embassy

Hi I need your help, I have a question:

I'm applying for my Visa F1 , I'm waiting for my i20 from the college in San Francisco, ( but they confirmed that they received my application and sent me my ccsf email address via the college) I want to take 2 years courses there ( Associate of science degree with Major floral design) and I enrolled for spring 2015 ( start January 12)
    My passport will expired : September 19, 2016

For the interview at the US embassy ( to get my visa F1) I need to show a valid passport and I noticed that there is a rule requiring:

"A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)."

I clicked on the country-specific exemptions and it says that France is one of the countries that extends passport validity for additional 6 months after expiration. So does that mean I am good? I really don't have time to apply for a new passport if I don't have to and anyway my passport is valid for another 1 year and 10 months!! Please advise

THANK YOU !!!

Urgent !! Need help! Passport valid + visa F1

Hi I need your help, I have a question:

I'm applying for my Visa F1 , I'm waiting for my i20 from the college in San Francisco, ( but they confirmed that they received my application and sent me my ccsf email address via the college) I want to take 2 years courses there ( Associate of science degree with Major floral design) and I enrolled for spring 2015 ( start January 12)
    My passport will expired : September 19, 2016

For the interview at the US embassy ( to get my visa F1) I need to show a valid passport and I noticed that there is a rule requiring:

"A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)."

I clicked on the country-specific exemptions and it says that France is one of the countries that extends passport validity for additional 6 months after expiration. So does that mean I am good? I really don't have time to apply for a new passport if I don't have to and anyway my passport is valid for another 1 year and 10 months!! Please advise

THANK YOU !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X